From the April 1, 2009 issue of Woman's Day Magazine
This chart was omitted from the online article, but I wanted to share from the print edition...
WHAT to FREEZE?
Bulk up on these items when they're on sale and freeze them for future use.
- Frozen veggies
- Nuts & seeds
- Whole-wheat Flour
- Whole grains (brown rice, buckwheat, quinoa)
- Wheat germ
- Lower-fat milk (remove 1 cup before freezing; the package will expand)
Macomb Money Saver would add to that list:
- Cheese, block and shredded
- Bananas (peel and bag for baking)
- Zucchini, shredded (for baking)
- Berries (pick in summer, wash & flash-freeze on baking sheets, then package)
- Bagels and buns (double-wrap by adding a freezer bag or foil)
Did she miss anything? What do you stockpile in your freezer?
I would simply like to say THANK GOD FOR FREEZERS!!!!